The Preparation Center for Languages and Mathematics (PC) carried out its orientation day for 209 new MP and PC students of Quarter 3, 2018. At the MUIC Auditorium 1318, MUIC Building 1, students and parents stepped in to hear what they are going to experience at PC.
With over 500 multinational students this quarter, those accepted to the PC and MP programs will be provided with not only courses for language and mathematical skills reinforcement but also a wide range of welfare, student activities, and academic support as they go through each program.
At the orientation, PC also handed out various awards to exceptional students. Presented by PC’s Program Director, Dr. Alexander Nanni, the Best PC2 Term Project award went to Ms. Chiraphat Sanohkham, who brought forward an excellent news video regarding a social issue in an ASEAN country.
For posting the highest recorded average grade in Quarter 2/2018, these six students received the Academic Excellence awards:
1. Ms. Ramol Srivaleetron (PC1);
2. Ms. Jirachaya Worakittiphan (PC1);
3. Ms. Yanida Sitthisamphan (PC1);
4. Mr. Kasidej Janthrawisut (PC2);
5. Ms. Atikan Lerdbunluechai (PC3); and
6. Ms. Jarupa Ekpipattana (PC4).
Meanwhile, the four students below were given Outstanding Contribution awards for acting as “a role model for other students because of their maturity, cooperation, and efforts to achieve academic and personal goals”:
1. Ms. Wantitee Tirasin (PC1);
2. Ms. Pitchapa Bovornsantisuth (PC2);
3. Mr. Warayut Samatchai (PC3); and
4. Mr. Chaitawat Katesermsuk (PC4).
Moreover, two students also received special awards for their exemplary academic achievement throughout Quarter 2/2018. They were:
1. Ms. Ramol Srivaleetron, awarded a level skip from PC1 to PC3; and
2. Mr. Kasidej Janthrawisut, awarded a level skip from PC2 to PC4.
The orientation also brought back a former PC student who is now an MUIC student, Ms. Jiratchaya Sakulboonthanom, to deliver a memorable life-at-PC speech and inspire PC’s incoming students.
June 22, 2018 | by Chonnakan Sitthiwanit