In accordance with Mahidol University’s core values, MUIC rewards excellence in academics and contributions to society. Scholarships recipients are expected to be outstanding students who comply with the regulations stipulated in the University Code of Conduct.
ASEAN Students Scholarship
Scholarship for ASEAN Students
MUIC offers a scholarship for ASEAN nationals (except Thais) who want to pursue their Bachelor Degree at MUIC.
- Must be Southeast Asian nationals
- High school graduates
- Cum. GPA 3.00 or above
- Cum. GPA 3.00 or above while studying at MUIC
Number of scholarship
- 8 scholarships a year
- 4 years
- Waiver of full tuition fees for 4 scholarship recipients
- Waiver of 50% of tuition fees for 4 scholarship recipients
An MUIC Committee, consisting of the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, the Assistant to the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and the Associate Dean for International Affairs, will review the English competency scores (TOEFL or IELTS or SAT1) and high schools records before selecting the most qualified candidates.
This scholarship is awarded to potential students (Thai nationals) with limited finances resources who have completed high school in Thailand and have achieved a cumulative 3.0 GPA or above for 5 terms in high school. The scholarship covers a tuition-fee waiver for 5 years, from PC to graduation. Four scholarships will be awarded every year for each of the four entrance examinations.
- Students who apply for any major
- They must pass MUIC’s entrance examination
- Students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or above in each trimester during the scholarship period
- Parent’s combined income should not exceed 200,000 Baht/year
- Scholarship recipients are required to participate in MUIC activities
MUIC Scholarship for Science Majors
This scholarship is awarded to potential students (Thai nationals) who have completed high school in Thailand and have achieved a cumulative 3.5 GPA or above for 5 terms in high school. The scholarship covers a tuition-fee waiver for 5 years, from PC to graduation. Four scholarships will be awarded every year for each of the four entrance examinations.
- Students must apply for a Science Major
- They must pass MUIC’s entrance examination in both mathematics and science with a score of 75% or above
- Students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above in each trimester during the scholarship period
- Scholarship recipients cannot change their major, unless it is within the Science Program
Foreign Language Ambassador Scholarship
Students who register for a minor language program and have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 can apply for this scholarship at the Humanities and Language Division.
Scholarships for students with disabilities
Funding is available for students with disabilities; however, they have to apply for this scholarship prior to the admissions process.
MUIC Student Activities Scholarships
Students are selected by virtue of their Student Association positions; they must meet the requirements of the Student Association regulations and strictly follow the University Code of Conduct.
- 24,000 baht per year for the President
- 18,000 baht per year for the Vice President
- 12,000 baht for each committee member
by waiving tuition fees
Students who are selected as Mahidol University Outstanding Sportspersons are eligible to receive a scholarship. The college awards 24,000 baht by waiving the tuition fee.
Students who win a medal in the Mahidol University Games will receive a scholarship in the form of a tuition waiver:
- Gold medal: 12 credits waiver
- Silver medal: 8 credits waiver
- Bronze medal: 4 credits waiver
MUIC Young Ambassador Scholarship
Outbound MUIC students are eligible for the Young Ambassador Scholarships, which are divided into two categories:
- Academics and Research
Fifty (50) scholarships are available each year for undergraduate students — 50,000 Baht per scholarship
Two (2) scholarships are available each year for graduate students — 50,000 Baht per scholarship
- Internships Twenty (20) scholarships are available for outbound students who engage in internships in any of the ASEAN+3 countries — 20,000 Baht per scholarship
Ten (10) scholarships are available for outbound students who engage in internships in any non- ASEAN+3 countries — 40,000 Baht per scholarship.
- 2nd, 3rd or 4th year students
- Achieve a minimum GPA of 2.85 for Category 1 (Academics and Research) and 2.50 for Category 2 (Internships)
- Completed English Communication 4
- Be fluent and articulate in English
- Have a good extra-curricular activities record
- Be capable of representing MUIC
- Exhibit a good personality
- Be knowledgeable about Thai culture
Thai-national students, who have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above, a comprehensive knowledge of Thai culture and have participated in social activities, are eligible for this scholarship. The college awards 10 sccholarships a year to Business Administration students, particularly International Business majors, who participate in the ASEAN International Mobility for Students Project. The Thai Commission of Higher Education will cover the expenses for the round-trip fare and a monthly stipend of 800 USD/month while this scholarship will cover tuition and other fees.
Financial Aid and Student Loans
In addition to the aforementioned scholarships, the college provides financial aid to students who have been registered for at least one year, have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 and intend to register for at least 12 credits in the trimester. In addition, the candidates must have a record of participating in MUIC activities and complying with the University Code of Conduct. The scholarship amount depends on students’ financial needs and will not exceed 50,000 Baht per scholarship, which will be used as a tuition fee waiver in the next trimester.
Students who wish to apply for Thai government loans must be Thai nationals and full-time students; their parents’ annual income should not exceed 200,000 Baht. The maximum amount that can be borrowed is 60,000-70,000 Baht a year. The loan has to be paid with interest after graduation two years.